Sunday, April 06, 2008

Bands to hear

hey guys, just wanted to share some bands I've been obsessively listening to. I don't know much about them, but search around their myspace and I think you'll be pleased. First up,

Bryan Scary and the Shredding Tears
- They're a little all over the place, but the energy is intense - I bet their concerts are off the hook. Most songs start and end completely different so it take a few listens to get a good grasp.

Angus & Julia Stone
- This australian brother-sister pair has been gaining momentum the last few years, and when I heard Paper Aeroplane I was an immediate fan.

The Born Ruffians
- These guys were in Cleveland last week. I wish I had known I would have mentioned sooner. Start with Foxes Mate for Life, an all encompassing track.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so far ive only listened to bryan scary, but its good stuff-- sort of an easier to understand and more rocking of montreal. ill be listening to the other ones later

Unknown said...

oh, also wanted to mention that they have a set on www.daytrotter.com - you might want to check it out

Unknown said...

DAMN! Angus and Julia Stone are AWESOME! What else can I say? I love it

Les Drew said...

Julia related to Joss?