Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Les - Best of 2007

First of all, I never announced my favorites from 2006 so heres a quick late nod to "Stairs and Elevators" - Heartless Bastards, "Robbers & Cowards" - Cold War Kids, "Night Ripper" - Girl Talk, & "Till the Sun Turns Black" - Ray LaMontagne

Okay, let's get down to brass tacks (don't sit on 'em). My top albums of 2007 is kind of a cheat because I didn't hear one of them until 2008. Rules don't apply today... this is my list.

HM. "Because of the times" - Kings of Leon

5. "Graduation" - Kanye West

4. "In Rainbows" - Radiohead

3. "All Hour Cymbals" - Yeasayer

2. "Armchair Apocrypha" - Andrew Bird

1. "Person Pitch" - Panda Bear

I hope I can edit this later, because at some point I would like to break down my favorite songs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

not bad-- kings of leon i didnt hear til 2008 either-- might have made my list if i had. havent heard yeasayer yet either, but panda bear? really? ive only heard a few songs, but its totally not my style. you can edit your post later if you want, but it wont move back up to a new post-- so you should just make a new song post later on. cool, good to see you on here!

Les Drew said...

I still don't own Yeasayer, it's supposed to come in tomorrow (joy!).

Found Panda Bear thanks to DTo and 87. Just before Aric left for Fiji we were up til 5am all kinds of messed up. They put it on, and I fell in love. I don't too much enjoy animal collective, but Panda Bear put together some pretty eclectic chanting harmonies that can fade out all my worries of reality. Now every time it's on it's an escape to that night.