Saturday, February 21, 2009

Jonathan Johansson

So I recently found a blog titled The Lemur Blog which so far has a lot of electronic music that I am definitely not familiar with, but I really dig some of it, including this guy Jonathan Johansson. This is definitely music that John87 and Dan, and probably even Drew, would be more into than I am, but it is very chill and '80s and the guy's definitely got talent. It makes me feel like being in some sort of driving montage filmed in the 80's. So I checked out his site and it's all in Swedish, but whatever, he has a playlist on the side there and you can listen to his stuff. And as The Lemur points out I think the two best tracks are "All Vill Ha Hela Varlden" (great cover of Tears for Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule the World) and "Sag Vad Ni Vill." Both tracks can be found at the links below (again, thanks to The Lemur Blog). Enjoy. Also keep an eye on the Lemur Blog for translation of the songs into English. I hope to be posting more this week about a couple other albums I have been wearing out (see "Blasting Out Our Doors" on the right pane for a hint) that I think you might really like. Also hope to start hearing more music from 2009 even though I am still catching up on what I missed in '08.

EDIT: Here's the translation

Jonathan Johansson - All Vill Ha Hela Varlden

Jonathon Johansson - Sag Vad Ni Vill

Buy It

No comments: