Saturday, February 14, 2009

Yeah i totally know...

Ok so i haven't written on here at all in February. Sadness... I klnow i need to finish up my awsome mixtape and post it. I do have a good excuse. Mike actually used several of the songs I wanted so I did the cheap bastard approach and reorganised everything. Sorry. I promise I will have the thing posted on Monday...why not today or tomorrow??? I just don't have time leave me a loan you whip wielding fat sweaty bastard.

Anyway I had an experiment I wanted to try. Something wierd and new. Get as many people as you want involved it's not going to take much more then a little bit of thought. I'd like to see how people react to a certain song removed from it's specific place in an album. Then see how the ideas and opinions about the song change when added to the whole album and then how it all gets melded together when you really know the album band and history.

So the song I wanted to try this out on is Per Second Second by the Wrens of their album Meadowlands. I picked this band album and song because it's a great album that doesn't have a whole lot of attention thrown to it. Anyway what I'd like you the singular person I am writting to to do is to listen to the song by itself a couple of times. Write down your reactions to it. What do you like or don't like about it. Then after you kind of 'know' the song listen to the whole album. After you listen to the whole album do a little research on the album. See what others say about it. I just want to see how you react to something over time. It's a great great album atleast so your only gaining good music in the process.

Not sure what I hope to see from all of this but it could be interesting. Anyway times up...Again I promise the mixtape by Monday.



No comments: